Friday, August 15, 2008

Kelvin`s basketball story

I got interested in basketball at age 5, watching my older cousin play. i was a-lot shorter then cant play with them.
Even during primary school i was shorter, even shorter then some of the girls in catholicism class.
Then in secondary school i shot up in the height department, in just months. My PE teacher ask to see my mom as i was underweight "eat more" she say to my aunt who went in place of my working mom.

i start playing seriously basketball at age 14.
Playing in school was boring as i was in a soccer playing school only afew people play soccer.
Instead i play in whampoa CC where there were alot of people before they remove the courts and replace them with a garden.

Anyway i got to know a-lot of people after confirmation then joined little rocks soon after.
i think they already were playing basketball before i join.

I got invite to join them in their game and soon after almost all their games i was there.
Ian once said i was a small forward i cant remember the reason but ... ya he said i was a small forward.

At that time my dribbling was not very good as well. my shooting had limited range.
only my rebounding can pass. my passing has some problems.
Luckily the guys still play with me.

Not long after i join ITE and got lucky again...i got selected to join their school basketball team.
The PE teacher saw me as a average overall player She told me once that they can put me in most position except point-guard cited dribbling as my greatest weakness.
She saw that quite a-lot in the inter-class basketball we played earlier.

That year i also found a good friend, feng taught and corrected most of my fundamental of basketball. I learnd shooting, defence and shot blocking from him.
We got to play everyday after and during lesson...lol

Our school achieved 4th in the inter-school basketball.
i playing in almost every game of the inter-school tournament
As a bench-warmer...lol
But i do get some playing time as my starting center and forward gets into foul problens easily.
At 1.75m, i play forward most of time as they teammate say i got the skill to play center but i am just not hardy enough. i only play center after our 2nd center fouls out...lol

Anyway, i would say my basketball day ended in my army day
As the SOC last station call "the Ramp" killed my knees.

The doctor said "your knees soft bone is nearly gone but i still cant downgrade you because alot of our NS-man have bad knees anyway and nothing had gone wrong with them"
I repiled "So i must wait for something to happen lah."
The doctor gave me a silence stare and i was asked to leave the room.

I still play a-bit of basketball but not too long of a period. knees pain is the issue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home